Sunday, August 16, 2009

Are You a Nigga or Black?

What is Blackness? It clear that it is not really a hue of skin because if it was we'd walk the streets in a sea of crayola black people. Black is a culture that is diversified as all other ethnicities clumped together. Black the race is random, just like the colors that make it. Black is an eclectic mix that if you dipped your finger in it you never know what your going to get.

Race is a topic that the most vocal on it are generally the least educated on it, especially amongst the Black community. Recently I was leaving a majority Black nightclub and witness some of the least flattering part of my race. A huddle of "rats" drunk and squabbling with each other. Then gunshots rang out as the police chased some random fools that probably got a little too crunk after spending their entire paycheck on a bottle of moet while listening to Gucci Mane. I tweeted the events and concluded my commentary with "I hate Black People". The statement may not be something some folks would like to hear, but honestly at that moment I did hate those Black people I was surrounded by.

Soon following, I recieved multiple tweets from folks who I would like to call the "Vocal 30%". You know the ones that make the most noise but aren't really talking about anything? I read I was racist, A Wendy Williams the dude look alike and I was also called a chickhead bitch. Whats so funny about this is that all those idiotic statements made me even further "hate" those kinds of black folks.

Let me tell you about the type that I am talking about:
I am talking about the ones with the least knowledge on any subject who have the most to say. The ones that act a total ass in establishments and expect you to be on their side. The ones who make up words when they suddenly want to be respected that make them look even more idiotic.

I know this may sound like I am uppidity as I was told by one of these dummies, But, I am so far from uppidity because I come from the same place as these people. My family wasn't rich, I don't think I am white (nor do I want to be) and I don't think I am better than you. What I do think is that I am educated responder. My parents and grandparents taught me from an early age to "think before you speak" and to always make sure that your behaviors and statements are backed up by a valid argument (i.e. facts) not silly insults or things that will make me look foolish.

I think that our country is getting polluted with niggas. And by Niggas I mean those who are depriving THEMSELVES of social, economic and political equality by their behavior, their drive and their morality. We are living in the era of folks that are so focused on being "stuntastic" that haven't realized that the things they are doing are depriving them of opportunities. And while they participate in this foolery, these foreigners are taking advantage of all their opportunties and LIVING the GOOD LIFE. I want to really do my part and help rid our world of Niggas.

So this is what I suggest:

  • Know the definition of Racist before you go throwing the term around. (This is the belief that a certain race is superior than another) You have to understand that a Black racist in powerless, because of my black skin I don't have the power to subvert an entire race.
  • Read a Book or Watch a DVD. I will perpetuate a stereotype and say that "niggas" don't read, but educated Blacks do. Check out the documentary "Ethnic Notions"if you can't bring yourself to read up on black history.
  • Education, get some. There are too may educational opportunities in the world for anyone to just be walking around this joint with a high school diploma. Hell, go to Everest Institute and get a degree in medical billing something.
  • Avoid cyberbeefs with people who are more educated than you. In the end you will look like a douchebag or a NIGGA.
  • Write a Life Plan. Do you want to be still working at CVS in the next five years? Hey if you do at least put yourself on track to be a manager or franchisee.

No comments:

Post a Comment